|Category:||IPR & Legal|
Job SummaryAbou us
Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the invention and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other important human diseases.The role
As Legal Adviser at Genmab, you will be a key player in the development and commercialization of Genmab’s pipeline products and technologies. Your main tasks include reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements related to business development. From time to time you may also be involved with other types of agreements relevant for other areas of the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The legal department at Genmab currently employs 11 people located in Denmark, the Netherlands and USA. The department has recently been reorganized into smaller sub-teams. This allows the legal advisers to obtain and apply a more specialized knowledge to the stakeholders. You will as the new Legal Adviser be part of the business development sub-team and report to the Director, Legal.
You will be working in an international environment with strong alliances outside Danish borders. Some traveling should be expected.Key accountabilities
The Legal Adviser will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various documents related to business development areas including but not limited to: collaboration, partnership, license, assignment, asset purchase, commercialization, research evaluation and material transfer agreements.
- Handling of other types of agreements in areas including manufacturing, commercial, pre-clinical and clinical operations.
- Participation in projects with internal and external stakeholders
- You are cand. jur, merc. jur. and/or attorney-at-law and have experience preferably from a major law firm and/or an in-house position in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- You must have extensive experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements relevant for the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, including the business development areas.
- Experience in working with intellectual property rights, in particular patent rights, is preferable.
- You are proficient in English both written and spoken.
Moreover, you meet the following personal requirements:
- As a person you are team-orientated and enjoy collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You are detail orientated with a marked ability to see the bigger picture.
- You have a positive attitude and are able to act independently.
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
If you would like additional information about this position before applying using the link, please contact Jannie Jensen, recruiter Genmab. email@example.com
Genmab has selected Korn Ferry as a global recruitment partner to help us manage your application. When uploading your application, it will be transferred to Korn Ferry for their processing. By clicking ‘apply now’ you will see how Korn Ferry manages your application and privacy.
To learn more about Genmab, you can visit our website: http://www.genmab.com